Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Well, crud.

I'm not exactly sure what to write here anymore; the move didn't happen and I've been all but isolated. This is the sixth time I've tried to write this post and there are at least three different drafts.

After the car accident, I needed a new car, I needed to get this and that, and I thought I was going to loose my car. Things were bad, I was broke - I am broke, honestly. D stopped talking to me once I was unable to go so, yeah, that's quite fun.

This blog is here, regardless, and that means I will keep posting. This year will be eventful no matter what, even if it doesn't span to California or even outside of my rinky-dink town. My father got a job in Virginia, one he's been waiting for, and he asked me to go with him. Ashley wants me to move into his old place with her and her boyfriend. I don't want to stay home; I love my mother but I honestly think I'd love her more if we didn't live together.

I'm not sure what to do. Escape is clear on the Virginia horizon, it means I can go and get out to live in somewhere far off and beautiful. Ashley needs to escape as well, to get the hell out of her house and get from under her parents thumb... We've been talking as if it is set in stone. Moving with her is safer, moving with Dad is tempting, far too tempting.

Kelly thinks I should go. She hasn't given bad advice since I've known her; she's usually the voice of sanity to my ranting and a pretty shower of calmness whenever I need her to be. But - Ashley.

I can whine and bitch about Ashley and what happens between us but when it all boils down, I am horribly protective of the girl. Her current state of affairs honestly upsets me and this - this is her chance of 'getting out' just as much as it is mine. If we don't, she and her boyfriend can't afford to move out on their own. I'm not sure if *I* can afford to move out period. Time will tell.

A coworker pointed out I was at a fork in the road - how true! Oh woe is me for having more than just one choice on what I can or cannot do. This isn't like moving to California. Moving there was to be with D, so I could live in a place where I wasn't odd or strange and, yes, just getting my lily white butt out of here.

Maybe it'd be easier to just scream, "PEACE" and run to Virginia with my tail between my legs. Correction - it would be.

Does this count as a 'count down' post? Maybe.

Peace, blog. Until the very soon 'next time'-

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment