Thursday, January 7, 2010

T Minus Sixty Two Days

We're getting close, O Blog! Close to the day of running and screaming and trying to get things working before I scoot it off to California. News from there is interesting, with my future roommate starting her times in the police Academy. She's doing well, apparently, although I never doubted this. She's a strong girl, will make an excellent officer.

Beth leaving meant that I get sick. I'm chalking it to exhaustion, as we've been running around like mad for the last week, I've been getting little sleep with much more activity than I usually participate in and all while in a much colder, people-filled environment that I am used to.

It's frackin' COLD here in Florida. We're getting chuckles from those up North who says they're used to it and that we're wusses, ecetera, but, seriously. This is one of the most tropical places in the United States. We are currently in the coldest winter in almost fifteen years. It's nuts - us delicate Floridians are trying to toughen up as quickly as poossible.

I woke up to frost. Are you kidding me?!

My head hurts.

Busch Gardens and Sea World were lovely! Beth and I puttered around alone the first two days (where all my pictures are from) and then we were joined by Ashley and her boyfriend AJ. After a brief few moments of panic upon realizing I had lost my two-week pass, we meandered into the park to celebrate my 23rd birthday with some pretense of style.

This involved Beth getting sniffed up by the male hyena through three inches of glass in the hyena exhibit. And, of course, me being able to stare into the eyes of the female hyena. She jumped onto the back of the display car and I crawled through the front of it. We stared at one another through the glass.

E.P.I.C. I started gleeing as soon as she scooted away, presumably towards her dinner.

But, the beginning!

Ybor was lovely, if confusing as hell to get out of. Being the historical district, the sights of it were something constructed in times before Florida was awesome or something akin to that. There were a lot of little restraunts and even more nightclubs,none of which we wandered into. We went shopping in a few small (assumed locally owned) shops. I purchased a skirt, a cute little tiered thing, and ended up getting my horribly long hair chopped off.


A bob it be! While the stylist originally didn't want to do the cut asked of her (as it was left in Beths hands, with my upmost trust) but when she did, it came out adorable. Quite pleased with it. Beth had her hair colored! While I think it's quite flattering, it isn't 'orange-y' enough for her and will probably be re-dyed before I get my butt out there. That tale has nothing to do with the photos. I'm finding it hard to care.


I forced fried food down her throat at some point. Beth was dismayed at the sheer amount of styrofoam present at this meal, along with the vast array of fried deliciousness in front of her.

My only commentary on the situation: "Welcome to Florida."

Welcome indeed.


This post will be continued on Sunday! Now it is time for my sick to re-coup and for work in the morn. Sleep well, my friends.

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment