Thursday, December 10, 2009

T-Minus Ninety Days


Ninety days until I change my life.

Welcome to my blog. My name is Erin. For the next 386 dys, I will be documenting my preparation, move, and life in my move to Northern California. It will include budgeting, job hunting, lists, pictures, and a four day drive across the country as I will be starting in South Florida. The day of lift off? March 15th, 2010.

I started this blog to get my thoughts in order, work through my nerves, and share the journey with friends, family, and anyone else who stumbles here.

'Growing Up 'N' Out' may seem significant - it is. I see it as a statement that I am manning up and getting out of the rut that is my life. This is something that needs to happen; I'm almost twenty-three and I have hardly even lived. I'm in the same town I was conceived and born in, having literally lived no where else and experienced very little. This is unacceptable.

My goal in life is to be an editor for fantasy and science fiction novels. While my grammar is less than perfect, I cannot wait to learn more and fine tune the craft. Currently? I sell tickets for a theatre hall in the fall and a hardware store during the spring. I am one math class from an AA in English.

The only reason I still exist in Florid is for the 'in state' tuition and the fact that nearly all of my family is nearby. Also, fear. That will be eliminated.

Expect pictures, budgets, and moods ranging from triumph to fear to excitement while you're here.

This is going to happen.
This will change my life.
I will see this through

Till next time,

Erin

2 comments: